Volunteer With Urban Forestry
Urban Forestry's volunteer events are a great way to get involved in the community and contribute to a thriving urban forest. Here are some other benefits:
- Win prizes! (See below)
- Get community service hours.
- Find a community project for your group to participate in together.
- Spend time outdoors, while learning about trees and how to properly plant and care for them!
- Contribute to a legacy that will grow and increasingly enhance Edmond's public spaces for years to come.
Eligibility to Win Prizes
Volunteering with Urban Forestry provides several opportunities to win prizes, including:
- Enter a raffle for door prizes at each event, just for participating!
- Earn additional entries into a larger annual raffle, number of entries increasing with each event attended! (Learn more on the Volunteer Group of the Year page - must attend Arbor Day Tree Planting at end of March to win)
- Earn points for your community group, with a chance of winning the Volunteer Group of the Year award!
Volunteer Event Schedule
Join us at one of our upcoming events, and let's promote a healthy urban forest together! As each event below approaches, find out more information and sign up to volunteer by clicking on the event name.
What Should Volunteers Bring?
- Close-toed shoes
- Weather appropriate, comfortable clothing
- Sun protection and insect repellent
- Tools, if available (Urban Forestry will provide tools as well)
Sometimes weather or other factors cause changes in event details. All event updates will be posted on Urban Forestry's Facebook page. Be sure to check there for any changes in plans or cancellations.