!!!WEATHER UPDATE: Due to inclement weather, Storybook Forest is canceled for Monday, October 26 & Tuesday, October 27. Ticket holders for those dates can call the lake office at 405-216-7470 for a refund or to change nights.!!!
2020 Event Dates & Times:
- October 23 - 30
- 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Ticket Prices and Details:
- $12.00 per child (12 and under)
- Adults and children over 12 are free if riding in the same vehicle as the ticket holders.
- All vehicles without a ticket will be charged the daily entry rate.
- All children going down the trail must have a ticket, including infants.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance. Limit 400 per night.
- Printed or digital confirmation is required for entry into the park and trail.
- Tickets are only valid for the night indicated on the confirmation.
- Tickets are non-refundable unless the event is canceled.
- If a rainout or other weather-related cancellation occurs for the night of your ticket, you may be able to change nights based on availability. Contact the Lake Office for assistance.
Storybook Forest is presented by the City of Edmond’s Arcadia Lake and Edmond Electric. It is a safe alternative to traditional trick or treating. There are no ghouls or goblins here. Children walk down a well-lit path in the woods and visit life-size scenes from classic storybooks to collect candy. Families can expect to see recreations inspired by well-loved tales like The Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe, The Three Little Pigs, and more!
At the concession area, there are campfires for families to roast hotdogs and s’mores as well as a reading tent where kids can hear stories. Please note that due to COVID-19 safety precautions, we will not have a hayride or carnival game area for the 2020 event.
Storybook Forest is come-and-go anytime between 5:30 and 8:30 pm on each evening of the event. It is not required to arrive early or right at 5:30. No one will be allowed at the event site prior to 5:15 pm.
- No outside food or drinks
- No pets
- Cash only at the event site
COVID-19 Safety Precautions:
- Each storybook scene is manned and that staff member/volunteer will hand out candy while wearing a mask and gloves. Children are not allowed to reach into the candy.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at the concession, trail entrance, and trail end.
- Staff/volunteers have access to hand sanitizer at each storybook scene.
- Restrooms and frequently touched surfaces are sanitized regularly.
- Firepits are spaced out and additional firepits have been added to better allow for social distancing.
- The hayride and game area have been removed from this year's activities to reduce the bunching up of people.
- Staff will hold guests in a vehicle line at the parking lot and allow a limited number of vehicles to park at a time in order to avoid a long line forming at the entrance of the trail. This will keep families together within their own vehicles while waiting to go down the trail rather than grouping in a line with others.
- The line at the entrance is marked to allow for social distancing.
- A limited number of participants are allowed at the event each night. Tickets must be purchased in advance in order to restrict attendance.
- All adults are encouraged to wear masks.