Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
• Neighborhood groups and K-12 public schools (or associated parent teacher organizations) within Edmond city limits are eligible. (Find out if your site is within city limits)
• Previous grant recipients may apply for another grant if a past project has been successfully completed and approved by the Urban Forestry Department.
• Due to COVID-19, the community planting event requirement has been waived for the 2020-2021 program year. Applicants have the option to hire a landscape contractor to plant the trees or members of the neighborhood/school community may plant the trees themselves. If approved, grant contacts/contractors must participate in a pre-planting meeting with Urban Forestry, and trees must be planted according to the specifications in the Edmond Tree Grants Manual.
When an application is submitted by a school's parent teacher organization, written approval from the school administrator must be provided. A signed memo may be attached in this section, or the administrator may send an email stating their approval of the tree grant request to email@example.com
Applications must include two points of contact for the neighborhood/school group who will be responsible for coordinating with the Urban Forestry Department on project details, organizing volunteers and tools for the tree planting event, overseeing the tree maintenance plan, and corresponding with Urban Forestry up until approval of the Final Inspection.
Please provide detailed information about your project, including project description and objectives, location of the project, information about the trees you are requesting, who will plant the trees, and who will be responsible for tree establishment care. Urban Forestry is a resource! Please give us a call if you would like to discuss your ideas or have questions: 405-359-4759.
A sample "Project Information" section from a past application has been linked above to show the scope of information that is needed.
Please include project intent, benefits to the neighborhood/school and greater community, detailed statement of objectives, explanation of how you intend to involve the organization's community in planting the trees (including who will participate and details about the event).
Please include street address and description of area where trees will be planted. For eligible neighborhood groups, projects must be located within neighborhood-managed areas such as right-of-ways or platted common areas. For eligible public schools, projects must be located on school grounds or right-of-way adjacent to the school.
Maximum number that may be requested for available sizes:
Seedlings - 100
3 gal containers - 25
15 gal containers - 8
Tree species will be subject to current availability; however, if you have preferences on tree species please let us know.
Groups have the option of hiring a landscape contractor to install the trees, or they may choose to plant the trees themselves.
I.e. Will one person hold this responsibility? Will a landscape maintenance contractor care for the trees with oversight from the neighborhood/school organization?
Where will water be accessed? What methods will be used to apply water? Please note that lawn sprinkler systems are not an acceptable watering method for newly planted trees.
Please submit photos/a map of the proposed project area and a sketch of your project proposal.
• Once received, applications will be placed on the next available Urban Forestry Commission agenda for review and consideration. The Urban Forestry Commission meets at 4:30 PM on the second Wednesday of the month at the Downtown Community Center.
• If approved, Urban Forestry Department will facilitate next steps with the Points of Contact. Additional information may be needed from the Points of Contact prior to approval of an application.
• Applications will be accepted from fall through late January and reviewed monthly on a first come, first serve basis. If available program budget is used up prior to the set closing date, applications will close until the following program year.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field